Why did you call this The Virgin Stove? The name is a little weird.
Because, like the subtitle says, I’m making everything for the first time. Everything here shows the results of first-time efforts and I intend to post everything — all the successes and disasters so I could learn from them. Perhaps other neophytes like me will find it useful.
This isn’t a professional source of recipes. Besides, I know next to nothing when it comes to the kitchen so I decided to chronicle my journey towards a more enlightened culinary state.
- I love eating, hence, I decided to learn how to cook in case I’ll be the last person left on earth after a zombie apocalypse and take-out is no longer possible.
- I don’t diet but eat everything in moderation.
- I firmly believe in the powers of butter and extra virgin olive oil.
- I’m not finicky. I eat almost anything.
Random personal stuff:
- I have a business degree. I’m also pursuing my MBA so I can get an awesome job and earn loads of cash. Don’t get me wrong, I like my current job and my boss is great. But extra loads of cash helps my soul.
- According to the great Gary Lising, Scorpios are “…shrewd in business and cannot be trusted. You shall achieve the pinnacle of success because of your total lack of ethics. You are a perfect son-of-a-bitch. Most Scorpios get murdered.”
- I will watch any movie with Christian Bale in it.
- Books are a major passion. Aside from the full shelf I have now, I have tons of books in my parents’ home that my mother threatens to throw out. And I never leave the house without my Kindle.
I love to draw and paint people using all sorts of media but I’m currently suffering from artist’s block that has lasted years. I am hoping that a trip to the Louvre will help my cause. I’m cured!
- Eventually, money will be obsolete and will be replaced by a currency that’s closer to our hearts: coffee beans.
- I studied basic and portrait photography years ago but never really got into it until I bought my first dSLR: a Canon Rebel XS (Canon EOS 1000D).
- Occasionally, I cheat and use my trusty Sony Xperia Z1s. It’s not as savvy as a dSLR but this thing takes great night shots and has a 20 megapixel camera.
- I’m back to zero so, aside from cooking, I try to improve my food photography skills through this blog.
Where do I hang out?
When I’m not toobing around TVS, I can be found writing at Karma & Apollo, playing silly games at Facebook, working, studying, watching stuff on Netflix, playing with my three doggies, or nestled under the covers with a good book and a cup of steaming tea on the coffee table. You can contact me here.